This week we have been making towers and models out of 3D shapes such as cubes and pyramids.
After we had made our models we kept a tally of which different 3D shapes we had used. We found out that a sphere will not balance on top of a pyramid!
Here are some facts about 3D shapes from the boys in 1S-
- Square based pyramids have 5 faces- Naveen
- Cubes have 6 square faces- Marcus
- Cylinders have 3 faces altogether and they can roll on a table top- Harvey
- Spheres have 1 face which goes all the way around- Jack
- Cuboids have 6 faces, sometimes the faces are square and some are rectangles- Rayan
- Dice are cubes- Thomas